Recommended Reading

Google Search

Google
 
Charts courtesy of stockcharts.com

Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Dog Ate My Homework

I am the owner of one dog and three cats, so naturally, the pet food recall story had me frantically searching for information. I came across way too many conflicting reports. The FDA has been strangely unresponsive about this. One of the problems, it seemed to me, was that the FDA refused to identify any of the companies involved. I came across this article, which confirmed my suspicions.

I am about to launch another Bush Administration rant, so if you are one of those who believes Bush does no wrong, read no further. This administration has not solved one single crisis it has faced in 6 FULL YEARS in office. 5 and one half years after 9-11, Osama Bin Laden is still sitting in his cave thumbing his nose at us. Bush responded by going after Saddam Hussien, probably the only leader in the middle east who had nothing to do with it. Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf coast and FEMA wasn't up to handle it. Bush's response? "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie". The FDA, which is supposed to regulate FOOD and DRUGS (hence the name), is more concerned with protecting the companies who screwed up than protecting the lives of ouir pets. Ok, so maybe dogs and cats aren't nearly as important as the six figure salaries these executives are pulling down, but think of this: What if it wasn't pet food? What if it was your kid's breakfast cereal? Would you be more concerned about protecting a company's reputation then?

I think I'll start calling this "The Dog Ate My Homework" administration.

No comments:

Google Analytics