Recommended Reading

Google Search

Google
 
Charts courtesy of stockcharts.com

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Night Update

If you are not familiar with Mike Shedlock (Mish) he has an excellent post today explaining the yield on the treasuries and what it means for the market. Check it out here.



One of the project I had started before my previous laptop crapped out on me was keep track of stocks with triple digit or higher earnings growth in a quarter. What I did was each day I took the stocks in IBD's earnings news that reported a growth of 100% or higher in a list, and was going to track them. This is how the earnings spreadsheet got it's start. When I lost the data, I had to start from scratch. I have two quarters now of incomplete data, but from what I have, these are the stocks which had 100% earnings growth or higher that reported accelerating earnings growth this quarter. I will be further investigating these, and sometime around the end of this quarter or beginning of next quarter I will have a major update of the earnings spreadsheet. I will most likely be making minor updates on a weekly basis, and major updates quarterly.

I have also discovered another stock screener that will supplement the screens I get from Zacks.com. The great thing about it is that I can get data on shares floating and short interest without having to manually enter it from yahoo finance. It is at Finviz.com.

No comments:

Google Analytics