Recommended Reading

Google Search

Google
 
Charts courtesy of stockcharts.com

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Relative Strength Scans Revisited


Here is the relative strength list with data from Finviz.com. One of the really nice things about both Zacks and Finviz (besides being free resources) is that your screens can be downloaded in spreadsheet format. I end up with several spreadsheets, which I have been updating manually because I have not yet figured out how to use a relational database. Hopefully that will change soon. Saturday is normally the day I update my databases, but I was doing holiday related stuff with family yesterday, so I am trying to catch up today. Anyway, one of the parameters you can get on Finviz is the distance of current price from moving averages (the 20, 50, and 200day are available). One thing I look for are stocks that are 100% or more above their 200dma, as they are usually extended at that point and frequently pull back.

The Sector and industry categories on Finviz are obviously going to be different than Zacks. I'm not sure which ones they use, Dow Jones or S&P. I also have IBD industries in another database, so when I get to the point where I can combine all the information easily, I will probably create another Google docs and post it.

No comments:

Google Analytics