Recommended Reading

Google Search

Google
 
Charts courtesy of stockcharts.com

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Have We Forgotten?

I thought about this yesterday, amid all the media coverage of the anniversary, and decided to wait a day. I missed IBD's Friday edition, but fortunately today doesn't have the pictures of the burning towere, the jumpers, etc, with the caption "September 11, 2001". As if anyone older than the age of 13 will ever forget that day. You see, if you object to indiscriminately killing muslims, don't hate anyone with an Arab name, or aren't out killing anyone wearing a turban (such as Sikhs, who are neither muslim, arab, or middle eastern), then you "have forgotten" 9/11. Oh, I remember. I remember Osama bin Laden escaping when Donald Rumsfeld decided to outsource our soldiers jobs, I remember the PATRIOT act, the Department of Homeland Security (a bureaucracy that sounds like something directly out of Nazi Germany) and its massive failure the one time it was actually needed, the invasion of a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, "Bring it On", and all the other after-effects of 9/11. Most of all, I remember the fact that the perpetrators are still at large.

So, tell me, who is it that has forgotten, again?

No comments:

Google Analytics