Recommended Reading

Google Search

Google
 
Charts courtesy of stockcharts.com

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Relative Strength Scans




Here are the results of this week's relative strength scan. The only difference in today's scan is I included a step to find stocks that had different ticker symbols between the zacks and finviz databases (an example being one I found earlier this week, BF-B in Finviz, which is listed as BF.B in Zacks). There were 8 stocks that I found, and one that actually made the relative strength list, HUB.B, which will be HUB-B if you are tracking it on Finviz. There were in all about 2200 stocks that are within the top 25% of their 52 week range. After removing stocks with 52 week highs less than 5, and those with average volume less than 100k, I was left with 1515 stocks. I calculated the average values of these for 20day v/ms (17.95), 60day v/ms (20.46) and the 20day minus the 60 day (-2.51). The next steo was the usual removing stocks with a 20 day v/ms less than 10k, which I think may be too low a value, but I am hesitant to change it until I can determain that for sure. I sorted the remainder by the 20day minus 60day volume, in order to get the top 200 in terms of increase in volume. I also calculated the averages for those 200, and came up with 35.71, 23.01, and 12.7.

The relative strength spreadsheet will be uploaded later today.

No comments:

Google Analytics