Recommended Reading

Google Search

Charts courtesy of

Thursday, July 29, 2010


Here are today's top 4 relative volume breakouts. Strangely enough, right in the heart of earnings season, CTXS is the only earnings breakout of the 4.


Breakout Trader said...

Looks good, but none of these have historically done very well after breaking out...

David said...

Hi Breakout Trader,

Most breakouts don't do much after breaking out. I try to emphasize leading stocks or earnings breakouts (usually after the close) but the morning breakouts are usually just the top 4 relative volume breakouts (I can only fit 4 charts on my screen capture utility). If I see anything significant, such as a leading stock breaking out on earnings, I'll mention it, otherwise I work on the assumpion they are "crap" stocks.

Thanks for the input.

Google Analytics