Recommended Reading

Google Search

Google
 
Charts courtesy of stockcharts.com

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Earnings Growth Charts

I have one stock from the earnings list reporting this week, so that is the only graph I have. We are getting into the month long onslaught of earnings, but this quarter I am better prepared for it so next week I will likely have plenty of graphs. In the top panel the red line is quarterly EPS growth rate, black is quarterly revenue growth rate. in the middle red is quarterly EPS, black is price, green quarterly revenue, and blue price relative to SPX. At the bottom the black bars are volume.


VMI is another example of why I am getting less aggressive about removing stocks from the list.  This had a sharp decline in both EPS and revenue a little over a year ago, and I almost yanked it from the list, but held off to see if the growth came back. It did, and this has rallied to nearly equal it's 2008 high. It is now in a second stage base, so it is fairly early in the growth cycle, and this quarter posted both accelerating and triple digit growth. The only weakness I see here is that this has not substantially outperformed the market for the last couple of years, but the price relative line looks like it is rising, so that may be changing.

No comments:

Google Analytics