Recommended Reading

Google Search

Google
 
Charts courtesy of stockcharts.com

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Why The Republicans Get Their Asses Kicked

The aftermath of the election has left a lot of sour grapes, which is understandable considering the predictions of a Romney victory that were running rampant in the days before the election, and the simmering hatred the conservative media had for Obama (why, I don't know: he has continued the agenda of the Bush administration almost to the letter). Hell, I even felt a twinge of disappointment myself when I heard he had won, feeling that I could tolerate Romney just slightly more than I could tolerate Obama. So, I wasn't really surprised by the vitriol thrown at Obama. However, I was quite surprised at the vitriol thrown at the American electorate: One of the more extreme examples was at a blog called the "Libertarian Republican" (an oxymoron, but I will let that pass). Unlike other "conservative" wirters, this guy doesn't seem to be dumbfounded that a black guy ccould be elected President: no, he is more concerned with the state of the electorate, who, in his words, are moochers:

When I'm at the Wal-mart or grocery story I typically pay with my debit card. On the pad it comes up, "EBT, Debit, Credit, Cash." I make it a point to say loudly to the check-out clerk, "EBT, what is that for?" She inevitably says, "it's government assistance." I respond, "Oh, you mean welfare? Great. I work for a living. I'm paying for my food with my own hard-earned dollars. And other people get their food for free." And I look around with disgust, making sure others in line have heard me.
I am going to step this up. I am going to do far more of this in my life. It's going to be my personal crusade. I hope other libertarians and conservatives will eventually join me. 
  
Oh, my, aren't we special. No, as a libertarian, I will not be joining you, but I will take great pleasure in watching one of those people you publicly insult give you the ass kicking you so richly deserve.

This was only one of many examples of this kind of stuff I saw in the days immediately following the election. One day the Republicans might figure out that they will get more votes when they stop insulting the voters, but so far, they still don't seem to have a clue.

No comments:

Google Analytics